Thursday, September 15, 2011

Do I have to do a camshaft & cranshaft relearn after changing timing belt 03 neon?

Your computer will never know that u replace the timing belt if you installed it correctly. When you replace a electronic Chrysler trans you must perform a quick learn or relearn.
Do I have to do a camshaft %26amp; cranshaft relearn after changing timing belt 03 neon?
What? I've never heard of that in my years of being a mechanic. If everything is lined up properly, the car won't know the difference.
Do I have to do a camshaft %26amp; cranshaft relearn after changing timing belt 03 neon?
No. You just have to make sure the cam and crank shafts are aligned properly with each other before restarting the car.
I know of a relearn procedure for the cam and crank sensor (factory manual refers to it) but I have never had to do this when replacing a timing belt for maintenance. I think this is used to adjust for manufacturing differences when an out of alignment issue is detected. Any MOPAR engineers out there?
you dont have to
  • channel
  • hair spray
  •