Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cost of changing timing belt honda civic?

I paid $300 but did not have it done at a dealer. The dealers in my area generally get $600 or more.
Cost of changing timing belt honda civic?
If you do it yourself then it will be cheap. I think the belt was less than $30. If you take it to honda they want something like $650 to do it.
Cost of changing timing belt honda civic?
Incorrect! Depending on which model Honda you have, it can get that high. The average cost by a Honda dealer is $400. 3.5 hours of labor + the cost of the belt. I have had timing belts replaced before.
When I had the timing belt/water pump done on my Integra it was ~600. The Civic would be the same job, and it should cost between 400-650 depending on where you take it.
Well, the belt is only about $50 from Honda.



but the repair rates vary.



generally speaking they recommend you change the water pump also



i went to 2 dealerships to change the timing belt for my civic.



Dealership A wanted $950 to change the belt(not including the belt, i was supplying this), water pump and all labor.

Dealership B wanted $350! for the exact same repairs(i supplied the belt, which i previously bought from there).



this was for a 99 Honda Civic Dx. (D16Y7).
  • delegates
  • african american hair
  •