Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Parts needed for a timing belt change on a 2001 Lexus RX 300?

I know it will get a timing belt, tensioner and water pump. Should the crank and camshft seals be replaced? Is there anything else that should be replaced as a preventative measure? My Lexus has 106,000 miles on it. I know the belt should have been replaced at 90,000 miles but I did not find that out until it had 105,000 miles on it.
Parts needed for a timing belt change on a 2001 Lexus RX 300?
I would not touch the front seals unless they were leaking.Actually I don't even recommend replacing water pump %26amp; tensioner on that engine with that mileage.This engine has plenty of clearance (unlike most Hondas %26amp; Mitsubishis) and does not cause major engine damage if timing belt (or waterpump or tensioner) break.