Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How much should it cost to replace my timing belt for honda accord 94?

I don't know much about cars, but my brother says my car needs to get the timing belt changed to get rid of the loud noise. He believes it's too tight/loose and that's where the noise is coming from... I need to get an idea of how much a mechanic would charge me. Thanks!
How much should it cost to replace my timing belt for honda accord 94?
If you haven't replaced your timing belt in the last 90,000 miles, it needs to be replace along with your timing belt driven water pump if that's never been replaced. Also your belt tensioner and idler pulleys need replacing. Total cost at a Honda dealer: About $750. You have an %26quot;interference%26quot; type engine which is damaged (bent valves $$) if the belt breaks.
How much should it cost to replace my timing belt for honda accord 94?
It should cost around $250 give or take $50. That is what I had to pay here in Los Angeles.
You should'nt get any loud noises from a cambelt as such,but could from the alternater belt.

I should take it to your local garage for them to have a listen before you make your mind up.