Friday, June 3, 2011

Question about changing the timing belt on an 02 Ford Focus.?

I have an 02 ford focus, and both the Haynes and Chilton manuals that I have are absolutely no help with details on the proceedure for changing the timing belt. In fact the pictures they show in both manuals look nothing like the engine in my car. It%26#039;s kind of frustrating. Anybody out there have suggestions or sources of info, online, or where ever that might help?|||unless you are an experienced auto technician do not attemp this you will cause more harm, if you do not do the job correctly and get it back in to time right, you can damage your valves and pistons, i suggest taking it in to the dealership for this repair.|||Sometimes those manuals are not real year model specific.





You can sign up for a year of info at http://www.alldatadiy.com


The info is very specific, including wiring diagrams. I downloaded every diagram for my car before my membership lapsed.





Wasn%26#039;t there an info sheet that came with the belt? The last one I bought had the directions with it.