Friday, June 3, 2011

Changing Timing Belt on '97 Integra?

I%26#039;m about to reach 90k. My mechanic said that Acuras are pretty serious about the timing belt breaking at a certain mileage point. When do I need to get my timing belt changed for my 97 Integra LS?|||90k to 95k would be Ideal. Also replace tensioner and water pump. Honda and Acura engines don%26#039;t have valve protection mechanisms in case the timing belt rips. So if you let that belt rip, the pistons will hit the valves. In other words, serious engine damage will occur. I would take your mechanics advice seriously.|||All automobiles that are equipped with timing belts must be changed at 100,000km or 5 years, which ever comes first. If the timing belt breaks this can cause the valves the hit the top of the pistons, the valves will then bend causing serious engine problems and it is very expensive to fix.|||hes right.its just about time to get it changed,before you get stranded.