Friday, June 3, 2011

Is there online instructions for changing a Timing Belt?

I just bought a %26#039;95 Monte Carlo that needs a Timing Belt and I don%26#039;t have a Chilton Book yet.|||I%26#039;ll give you a site BUT it%26#039;s not a DIY project. Many things can and will go wrong.


This site requires a $10 US fee from a credit card.


www.eautorepair.net


I still won%26#039;t try this at home!|||I am sure if you were to stop by your local auto parts/book store. They would have a repair manual for your car and it will tell you in there.|||http://autorepair.about.com/cs/doityours鈥?/a>





Your water pump is driven by the timing belt, so make sure to replace the water pump at the same time if your going to keep the car. You can drive until the belt breaks and it won%26#039;t damage your engine (you have a non-interference engine) as with interference type engines that suffer major damage if the belt breaks. Just bring your cell phone with you and call a tow truck when it breaks.|||Timing belts are not easy. You have to dig pretty deep into the engine to get to it. I wouldn%26#039;t suggest doing a timing belt unless you%26#039;ve already done some mechanic work, but if you do, make sure you give yourself plenty of time.





Are you sure that car needs one? I thought all Monte Carlo%26#039;s were V6%26#039;s? If that%26#039;s the case, I%26#039;m pretty sure it has a timing CHAIN that doesn%26#039;t need to be changed.