Friday, June 3, 2011

How long can I go before changing timing belt on 3.2 honda v-tech engine?

I have 99k miles on my 2002 now and getting a new transmission installed right now (bummer) but how long has anyone gone before replacing the timing belt? Thanks|||If it is really a belt and not a chain, you should have it changed about every 60-65,000 miles. You are 30,000 miles overdue. Have it changed before it rips. If it does, it could be VERY Serious.


I%26#039;m talkin Trashed velves, possible bent push rods, etc.|||You can definately go 400k miles without changing it. Trust me.|||It depends on when you bought the car.. If you bought the car when it had done 70k then I would assume the belt had been changed.. Sometimes they put the belt change in the service book..





If you have had the car from new then I would advise to get it changed asap.. I got mine done on a 2.2 vtec and it cost me 拢120 (fitting included)





To be honest it should say in the user manual. However I would get it done mate, its worth the peace of mind.|||Change it now so you don%26#039;t have to worry about it another 60k miles have gone by.





And it%26#039;s VTEC, V-tech is a company that makes phones